[lugm.org] Ubuntu 10.04 internet connection

Avinash Meetoo avinash at noulakaz.net
Mon Jul 5 11:51:01 UTC 2010

On Mon, Jul 5, 2010 at 3:41 PM, BASTON <nicotine555 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I am actually having a problem with Ubuntu 10.04 connecting to the internet.
> I have also winXp installed and I have no problem connecting to the
> internet.

Hi,

Can you give us some more information about how you connect to the
Internet? Is your computer connected to the LAN (a switch maybe) which
is itself connected to an ADSL router?

Do you use dynamic or static IP addresses?

What do you see when you type /sbin/ifconfig in a terminal?

Avinash

--
avinash at noulakaz.net - http://www.noulakaz.net/ - (230) 493-9394

Those who fail to understand C++ are doomed to reimplement it. Better. [Jez]