[lugm.org] A mini-conference on Linux, other OSS and their merits

Avinash Meetoo avinash at noulakaz.net
Tue Jul 21 01:43:29 UTC 2009

Hi all,

Just got this comment on my blog that I want to share:
http://www.noulakaz.net/weblog/2009/06/19/brand-new-linux-user-group-of-mauritius-website/#comment-198156

I think he's somewhat right. We do not have a strategy towards
beginners yet. I think it's high time to organise a mini-conference on
Linux, other OSS and their merits. We'll have, say, four 1-hour
presentations on various topics for different audiences (beginners,
"deciders", geeks, etc.) as well as allow people to bring their PCs
for Linux installation (we'll just have to have Partition Magic handy
:-)

When are we supposed to meet next? We have to talk.

Avinash

--
avinash at noulakaz.net - http://www.noulakaz.net/ - (230) 493-9394

Those who fail to understand C++ are doomed to reimplement it. Better. [Jez]