[lugm.org] Launching ThreeBags, a recommendation website for technology products available in Mauritius

Avinash Meetoo avinash at noulakaz.net
Mon Dec 21 11:49:30 UTC 2009

Dear all,

My company, Knowledge Seven Ltd is proud to announce the launching of a new
recommendation website called ThreeBags which is accessible at

   http://www.threebags.com/

ThreeBags showcases the best basic, value and prestige mobile phones,
smartphones, digital cameras, MP3 players, LCD televisions, home
cinema systems and laptops available in Mauritius.

Naturally, ThreeBags relies 100% on open source software and, in fact,
uses Linux, MySQL, Java, Spring, Hibernate, C3P0, Jakarta Commons,
etc. Interestingly, I considered using PHP initially but I wanted to
have a go at Enterprise Java using Spring and Hibernate and I think I
can say that this combination is very powerful, somewhat complex to
learn and rock solid (as far as I can see.)

A few months ago, I realised that even though technology surround us,
choosing and buying a technology product is tough: too many buzzwords,
too many models, too many shops and so few people willing to explain
things clearly. This is how I got the idea about ThreeBags: a
recommendation website with seven categories of products (from mobile
phones to home cinema systems) and three recommended products per
category: one basic, one value and one prestige model. One interesting
aspect of ThreeBags is that you can specify your budget and let
ThreeBags give you an optimal set of technological products within
that budget.

You will notice that there are no advertisements on ThreeBags.
Additionally, I do not get paid by anyone to recommend a specific
product. My evaluation criteria are product features, design,
availability in Mauritius and price only.

Please spread the word by forwarding this email to all those you think
might find ThreeBags useful or interesting.

Visit ThreeBags at

   http://www.threebags.com/

ThreeBags also has a blog which is accessible at

   http://blog.threebags.com/

Avinash